Friday, May 16, 2008

Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Case?

If you feel you are entitled to monetary damages from medical malpractice, ask yourself these two questions: did the physician’s or hospital’s performance fall below the general standard of care and did injury result from the medical provider’s conduct? If you can answer “yes” in both instances, then you may have a legitimate case.

The “standard of care” relates to the medical professional’s diagnosis, care and treatment of the patient. To prove that the standard of care was subpar, it’s very important to gather all of the medical records that are relevant to the case because they will have to be evaluated by a medical expert who will then provide pertinent testimony. Remember…to successfully pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit, you must have an “expert” witness in order to prove a breach of care and to show the causal connection between the breach and the resulting injuries or damages.

If certain risks or potential complications of a medical procedure are disclosed by Informed Consent by the medical practitioner, and the patient acknowledges these risks and elects to undergo the procedure, this Informed Consent agreement is generally a defense to a malpractice action. Should there be no Informed Consent previous to the complications, however, then a malpractice lawsuit may be warranted. Every doctor or medical practitioner is duty-bound to provide full disclosure to patients and obtain Informed Consent prior to performing any surgery or invasive testing. Whenever there is any confusion about what constitutes possible malpractice, it’s prudent to arrange a “no obligation” consultation with a qualified attorney specializing in this field, such as George L. Mallory, Jr. & Associates.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Next time, we will discuss what, if any, costs may be involved with filing a malpractice lawsuit.

1 comment:

Rebecca Eller said...

Spell to fix your broken marriage or relationship problem or after a divorce or Breakup,I was recently scam by two of them, until one faithful day i meet a man called Dr Oselumen who help me to get back to the father of my kid after we have been separated for two years,I only payforthe items required for the spell and he cast the spell for me within 24hours my ex husband called me and beg me to forgive him for everything until the end of the world he will never leave me again we are together.if you need a real and quick love spell or you are passing through pregnancy problem Dr Oselumen is the answer, Pleas e if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droselumen@gmail. com add him on whatsapp line or call +2348054265852.